TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Troubles With Computers' Daylight Shift

Re: Troubles With Computers' Daylight Shift

Duh_OZ (ozzy.kopec@gmail.com)
17 Mar 2007 20:57:29 -0700

On Mar 16, 6:04 pm, Steven J. Sobol <sjso...@JustThe.net> wrote:

> In article <telecom26.7...@telecom-digest.org>, Duh_OZ wrote:

>> Tech showed up today to fix the clock on the XP (SP1) boxes.

> Why on God's green earth are you still running SP1? Do you realize how
> many security hotfixes you don't have installed on those boxes?

We don't have admin rights so we can't do updates. I did ask the tech
why we aren't on SP2 and he replied "SP2 causes problems". I then
told him it has been a while since SP2 has been out, no? He said
"yeah" and left it at that. My guess is "big brother" ordered no
machines to be upgraded to SP2 unless absolutely necessary.

At the end of next week I'll ask people in the main office (I am off
site) if any machines are on DST. Hopefully they will come up with a
plan that doesn't include "just wait until 02:00 on the first Sunday
in April" :0)

Go to Next message: Steven J. Sobol: "Re: Troubles With Computers' Daylight Shift"
Go to Previous message: communicationsdirect: "CommunicationsDirect News Daily Update"
May be in reply to: Brian Bergstein, AP Technology: "Troubles With Computers' Daylight Shift"