TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Feds (Taxpayers) to Subsidize Digitial -> Analog TV Boxes

Re: Feds (Taxpayers) to Subsidize Digitial -> Analog TV Boxes

Rick Merrill (rick0.merrill@NOSPAM.gmail.com)
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:03:56 -0400

Danny Burstein wrote:

> ( no word in the press release as to how much power these will
> use. And they'll still badly mangle any attempt at recording.)

> " ... WASHINGTON, D.C.

> The Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and
> Information Administration (NTIA) announced today the final rule for
> the Digital-to-Analog Converter Box Coupon Program (coupon program)
> designed to help consumers continue receiving free, over-the-air
> television when full-power television stations cease analog
> broadcasting after February 17, 2009, as authorized in the Digital
> Television Transition and Public Safety Act of 2005 (the Act). ... "

> Starting Jan. 1, 2008, all U.S. households will be eligible to request
> up to two $40 coupons to be used toward the purchase of up to two,
> digital-to-analog converter boxes ... ... rest, including
> clickthroughs to the technical announcement:
> http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/press/2007/DTVfinalrule_031207.htm

Thanks for the interesting tip.

Now how much will the box cost???
> Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key
> dannyb@panix.com
> [to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]

Mmm? Doesn't look encoded to me!-)

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: 'Double rot-13 encoded' is simply a
joke. Actually, I have been thinking about 'double rot-13 encoding'
this entire Digest each day. I presume Danny will explain how it
has cut down on the spam which is dumped on him each day! :) PAT]

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Telephone Rate Complaints Not New"
Go to Previous message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Reverse 911"
May be in reply to: Danny Burstein: "Feds (Taxpayers) to Subsidize Digitial -> Analog TV Boxes"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page