TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Unlisted Phone Number

Re: Unlisted Phone Number

T (nospam.kd1s@cox.nospam.net)
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 16:17:36 -0500

charles.gray@okstate.edu says:

> Unless something has changed recently, you can have a phone number
> "unlisted unpublished", which means that it won't be printed in the
> phone directory and directory assistance will not give it out. You
> can have an "unpublished" number, which means that DA will give it
> out, but it won't be printed in the directory. I don't know if the
> charges are/were different or not. I've always had mine "unlisted
> unpublished".

The Surprise Fairy must have had a hand in my situation. When my
number on (401)-621 was with Verizon they never published it at
all. No listing, no DA, nothing.

Talk about a happy accident. And that carried forward since it appears
that Vonage doesn't publish directory information.

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: Phone Call Routing"
Go to Previous message: Rick Merrill: "Re: Unlisted Phone Number"
May be in reply to: Patricia Pascale: "Unlisted Phone Number"