TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Bell System History Book

Re: Bell System History Book

hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com
12 Feb 2007 17:43:06 -0800

Danny Burstein wrote:

> Oh, and he just couldn't figure out how to politely archive those
> differing viewpoints when both (or more..) people were now vice
> presidents ...

MIT Press published a two-volume history of IBM's computers (also
recommended.) I suspect the second volume, which focused on IBM's
System/360 and later machines, ran into the same troubles that you
describe above. Particularly since some offerings didn't work out so
well (like "Future System").

Go to Next message: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Re: A Call to Let Your Phone Loose"
Go to Previous message: Neal McLain: "Geostationary Banana Over Texas"
TELECOM Digest: Home Page