TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Western Union Desk-Fax -- Discontinued?

Re: Western Union Desk-Fax -- Discontinued?

Jim Haynes (haynes@alumni.uark.edu)
Sun, 04 Feb 2007 21:08:21 GMT

<hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com> wrote:

> Jim Haynes wrote:

>> I don't know the termination date, but I know that in 1959 there was
>> some central office desk fax equipment for sale in Chicago surplus
>> stores. Perhaps it had been replaced by equipment of more modern
>> design, or perhaps Desk Fax was being phased out in that area at that
>> time.

> 1959? Could you mean 1969?

No, definitely 1959. Now maybe they were replacing that old vacuum
tube type stuff with more modern electronics, but I picked up several
of the old regulator-inverters in 1959 at a surplus store.

jhhaynes at earthlink dot net

Go to Next message: Tim Weber, BBC News: "Criminals Are Overwhelming the Web"
Go to Previous message: Gene S. Berkowitz: "Re: Beware of the Dot"
May be in reply to: hancock4@bbs.cpcn.com: "Western Union Desk-Fax -- Discontinued?"