TELECOM Digest OnLine - Sorted: Re: Interview With Prosecutor on the 'Child Porn' Case

Re: Interview With Prosecutor on the 'Child Porn' Case

Rick Merrill (rick0.merrill@NOSPAM.gmail.com)
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:55:43 -0500

> For a video link of ABC News on this case, please go to:
> http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2796316

> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: First, for anyone still reading this, I
> do suggest you look at the above video for more details. And it would
> seem to me the _only_ reason police insisted on the watered down
> charge of 'distributing pornography' was so they did not have to go
> away empty-handed. As any police officer would tell you, it is quite
> essential to neutralize anyone who might otherwise try to sue you for
> false arrest charges. Myself, I would have pleaded not guilty and
> stood on that position until hell froze over (which it almost has here
> today in Independence, sheets of ice on everything after the weekend
> ice storms), but in any event I would have given them nothing, nada,
> no matter how long it took or how much it cost. And one favorite trick
> of pedophile hackers, as we learn in the video, is to keep their _own_
> computers clean at all times, storing their stuff on _someone else's_
> computer instead, as apparently happened in this case. And, IMO, shame
> on Yahoo for sticking their nose into the mess. PAT]

Apparently Yahoo, the police, and the family had No Idea that other
people could place 'stuff' on your home computer. ALL free porn sites
try to get you to load Trojan exe files! These were all so-called adult
sites that the boy in question had accessed. Also, the family had no AV
and No router.

This is definitely a "cautionary tale".

Go to Next message: Fred Atkinson: "Re: Easy411"
Go to Previous message: ranck@vt.edu: "Re: What's in a Name?: That Which We Call an iPhone by Any Other Name"
May be in reply to: (no name): "Interview With Prosecutor on the 'Child Porn' Case"